My parents have a very steep set of stairs that lead to the second story of their house which has all the toys, books, and some bedrooms. I was nervous about KB going up and down the stairs since we don't have any at home. I had taken KB upstairs to see all the books and toys early in our visit and was surprised to find Miss KB go up the stairs all by herself with no problems. I had to keep an eye on her since she wanted to keep going up and get those books and dolls. She needs to work on going down the stairs though. She thinks she can just step down like a big girl, but she isn't that coordinated yet. There were several times she would have tumbled head over heels if someone hadn't been there to catch her. Silly girl thinks she's all grown up.
As a result of no nap, Miss KB was so tired and grouchy. So I gave in and let her sleep for two hours..... of course this meant we stayed up till 1.30am, but eh. Whatcha gonna do?
After KB's nap, we played a round of Apples to Apples with everyone. There were some serious funny moments and some down right hilarious moments. Miss KB was entertained with keeping track of where the dogs and cats were the whole time and laughing at all of us laughing. We then went outside to enjoy some late night s'mores around the campfire.
Saturday was a planned beach day. After Miss KB got a full two hour nap, we ate some lunch and headed out to the beach. It was a nice sunny day with a little bit of wind. I was happy to see that Miss KB inherited her mama's love of the beach! My teenage siblings enjoyed being buried in the sand while the rest of us enjoyed the sun. KB took turns loving the water and sand. She didn't try to eat anything this time which was nice. After an hour or so, Miss KB was hungry and ready to go home. Thankfully I am the prepared mama and had dry clothes and cheerios for my grumpy toddler. She was much happier after that and managed the ride back to the house just fine.
We ended our visit with a nice dinner and headed home. The drive was long and late, but Mr. Llama got us all home safe and sound. KB even slept through the night. It was lovely.
KB at the beach
Grandma (my mom) and Miss KB
That sounds like a lovely trip, indeed! I think your next one should be a trip to Utah :)
ReplyDelete