Monday, February 21, 2011

Blue Hat, Green Hat

I have tried to instill a love of books in little Miss Katie since the day she was born. I remember loving books as a little girl and to this day still love to read.
There is one book in particular that I have read/looked through with Miss Katie for some time. It is called Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton. It follows a silly turkey and his friends as they put on colorful clothes. The turkey always gets his wardrobe messed up and it becomes comical how the he can never get the right article of clothing on the right location (shoes on his head, socks on his hands, etc). He finally figures it out and successfully gets dressed only to jump in the pool with all his clothes on while his friends look on in their bathing suits. Katie has never shown the slightest bit of interest in this book...... until her Nona read it to her.

Nona and Grandpa Jed were babysitting while Mr. Llama and I enjoyed another date night out (wow, two dates in a row... spoiled, I know :). Upon coming home, Nona told me how they had played and read this book with Miss Katie. I didn't really give it a second thought until the next morning when I saw Katie carrying that book everywhere. She even brought it over for me to read to her. I read it to her approx 7 times in a row and she still wanted more.

It's been a few days now and Katie still loves that book. I'm very happy that Miss KB is loving books even if it took her Nona to get her to open one. Thanks Nona!

No comments:

Post a Comment