Sunday, March 31, 2013
Easter (commercialized version)
I bought some plastic eggs to fill up with goodies for our dear sweet KB. I'm not into the whole hyping up of candy on holidays, but I thought a little wouldn't hurt. I meant to buy a bag of something sugary, but forgot.
Round two of shopping two weeks later. My mantra in the store: I can't forget to pick something up for KB's easter eggs. I can't forget to pick up something for KB's easter eggs. I can't forget... and so on. After we arrive home and start putting groceries away I find a can of blackberry pie filling that both Mr. Llama and I swear we didn't/wouldn't buy, but NOTHING for KB's easter eggs. Agh.
Brilliantly I plan on making a special trip on Monday since all those goodies will be on sale anyway and hide the plastic eggs. KB catches me and wants to play with the eggs. We open them up and long story short, I hide the empty eggs so she can find them.
KB LOVES finding the eggs and playing with them. It makes no difference whatsoever that these eggs are completely empty. She even hid them herself and then "found" them. It was stinking adorable. I love my child!
At church I was feeling a bit guilty as I heard the other kids talk about their wonderful surprises,but then the oh-so-amazing nursery sub who also happens to the Primary President (the one in charge of all the kids ages 3-11 at church) handed out adorable stuffed animal bunnies and a one giant plastic egg full of jelly beans. (apparently one of the perks for having a small church community) My daughter is in absolute love with her new bunny and now I don't feel guilty about not filling up KB's little plastic eggs.
Of course I have a bit of mixed feeling integrating bunnies into easter church services, but that's neither here nor there for this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment