Sunday, June 3, 2012
One Room at a Time!
Since I have to stay in these apartments for another year I have decided that some home improvements are necessary. I am going through the house one room per month at a time. I have a month to dejunk/rearrange/toothbrush clean/fix/replace/etc anything I want (within reason) for each area of the house.
I started with the bathroom of all places. I scrubbed the walls, threw away unneeded items, replaced the shower curtain, got maintenance to fix the broken forever fan, and am in the works to have them replace the floor. Mr. Llama also replaced the shower head to a now massively tall shower head. It feels like a rain shower is pouring down from the sky. Yes, it's that tall.
I didn't realize how great a shower curtain we had until I replaced it with what I thought was a similar one. We had the old shower curtain for several years and after several bleach washes it was just time to be replaced. We ventured out to the same store and looked over the selection. Opting for the lower price, I was confident there wouldn't be a noticeable difference in the shower curtain situation. However I was wrong. I'm still debating whether it's okay to have a cheap (but working) shower curtain or if I could just dig out some change and buy the more heavy duty option. I have a few more weeks to decide.
So much to do in such a little space. I love it! Organizing is my life's calling. If you need a space cleaned and organized and aren't afraid of tossing things, call me! I'd love to help. Be warned, I'm less afraid of tossing your things than mine and I toss a lot of my things. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a good idea! We've got some lonely and forgotten areas of our house that are in need of SERIOUS de-junking! I love the one month idea though, it makes everything seem no so daunting. We just rearranged our bedroom, and I threw out a TON of stuff--it felt fantastic! Good luck!
ReplyDelete