We are getting set up in our new home one slow day at a time. We've had interruptions of traveling, sickness, pure exhaustion, depression, and other delays. It's been quite the experience and something that I don't wish to repeat and keep hoping is almost over...
Katie is adjusting to this new life of no yard and small spaces. She has escaped a couple times outside which isn't the best thing since trucks come and go right next to our stairs. We usually make it to storytime once a week and go to Grandpa's for laundry at least once a week as well. He has a huge yard and Katie can get out her energy there.
We got some baby items from a lovely baby shower a couple weeks ago. Katie helped me set up the bassinet and was really excited about getting to sleep in it. I explained it was for the baby and we had a fun conversation about what Katie could do with the baby once she got here. She is excited about tickling, cuddling, singing, playing, holding, and sleeping with her baby sister. It was nice to see her excited and thinking about her role as a big sister.
Papa is busy working, working, working. We had hoped for more time together since his commute is just down the stairs, but it isn't exactly working out that way. We do see him more during the day, but the work hours are just as long. We are happy he can work and has the opportunity to support our family.
I am......... pregnant. Life is hard, but good. There is so much to complain about and so much to be thankful for. I try and focus on the good instead of the overwhelming hard stuff. Baby continues to grow and be healthy. We are still planning for a homebirth and I need to start gathering birth supplies and wash baby clothes, etc. One more thing to do....
Overall, we happy and healthy here in CO. I can't believe we are already half way through June 2014. It seems time moves so slow day by day, but speeds by when we glance back at the month.
No comments:
Post a Comment