Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Hikes!

KB and I have been going on weekly summer hikes and loving them! We go with a group of ladies and kids from church. I love spending the time with new friends AND getting to see all the beautiful spots in the area. KB loves running ahead on the trail and riding in the stroller on the way back. The first hike I didn't bring a stroller and had to pay for it by carrying my 3 yr old back to the car. Thankfully my friend took turns holding her. KB is such a good walker, but these are long walks for such little long legs.

Today's hike was short and beautiful! We got to see the view overlooking the canyon we drive through to get to town. The trees and green were reminiscent of Oregon. After our short lovely hike, we meandered down to the river, ate lunch, and played in the cold water. It was so much fun to hang out with a friend and her kids. KB got brave after a bit and walked in the stream (it was very shallow and I was watching her closely). She lost her balance on the slippery rocks a few times and then got splashed really good making all her clothes wet before we left. She has a hard time getting dirty, so I was happy that getting wet wasn't a big deal. Seriously. She has a hard time getting a little water on her shirt when we are home so I was very happy about this water play!

The hikes are planned all the way through August with some trips to the lake also. I'm so grateful for the group of ladies that started these! It's making the weeks go by and giving us lots of time in the sun. I'm already a shade darker than when we got here.... which of course isn't much, but it's more than I got in Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment