Sunday, December 19, 2010

Beautiful Christmas Sunday

I can't remember the last really good Christmas Sunday I have enjoyed at church. I will also admit I am usually out of town the Sunday before Christmas and thus don't have the option to attend my regular church services so I can't complain that much.

Today was wonderful. We were home and thus attending our regular Sunday services. Mr. Llama took KB out to the foyer so she could get out her excess energy before settling down for a nap and I got to just enjoy the music. I thought it was beautiful. I had goosebumps for a couple of the songs and just felt a comfortable assurance that life was good. Christmas is not about all the busy work that we do. It's about Christ.

All week as I was planning my Primary lesson for the 4 yr olds I was reminded about how Christ is the center of this holiday season. It felt good to get back to basics and remember that even though I've had a hard time this Christmas season, my heart was in the right place. My intentions have been sincere even if my follow through actions have been lacking. I am usually full of such joy this time of year and I'm not so high on the joy list right now. I thought that was an indicator that something was wrong with my Christmas spirit. I realize that I don't have to do what I've always done in the past.... My life is completely different this year and it's been a hard year. It's okay for me to be a little melancholy as long as I know what is really important. And I do. I know that Jesus Christ was born in a humble stable all those years ago. I know that Angels celebrated his birth and shared the news with Shepherds in the nearby fields. I know that wisemen saw a new star and journeyed for a long time to find that new born King and brought Him gifts. I have no doubt that Mary had angels watching over her as she gave birth to her son in that meager stable. I am in such awe at all the love and joy that transpired that first Christmas day. What a glorious day that must have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment