It's Sunday morning. The birds are making their usual ruckus and the house has finally cooled down. Mr. Llama and KB are taking a nap and I just finished reading a book. Oh the sweet simple joys of life.
These past two weeks have been a crazy stressful time. Mr. Llama has been sick for a month or so with fevers which worsened to stomach pain. A trip to Urgent Care yielded no answers and with worsening symptoms we headed to the Emergency Room. An ultrasound, x-ray, catscan, no answers, and 6 hours later, Mr. Llama was admitted to the hospital. He was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit less than a day later. With worsening symptoms an exploratory surgery was given the go ahead. Once in surgery, the surgeon found 6.5 ft of dead bowel. Recovery took place back in the ICU unit. He was finally moved over to a regular hospital room a week after surgery and allowed to come home after a total of 15 days in the hospital.
The whole ordeal was so much worse than a paragraph on this blog. There were moments of intense stress and private moments of breakdowns. After coming home, Mr. Llama brought up the hospital bills that are sure to start arriving any day. I replied with "I'm happy to deal with hospital bills instead of funeral expenses." The doctors and nurses were clear that without that surgery, my dear sweet husband would not be with me and Kidney Bean today.
I get told a lot that I should accept more help with Mr. Llama's recovery period at home. I should do this or that, etc. Bottom line is that I am so happy and thankful that he IS home and alive, that a little thing like a recovery period of 6 weeks is NOT that big of a deal. I have a husband that will recover and be around to watch our sweet daughter grow up. That is worth any bit of "inconvenience" on my part. If I sound ungrateful, I don't mean to be. I love our families and friends so much and am incredibly thankful for all their love and support they have given us and continue to offer us. The help I received with KB so I could visit Michael in ICU was very much appreciated. The phone calls and emails of concern were duly noted and appreciated as well. The meals that continue to be brought in are eaten with much thankfulness. We are blessed with such a wonderful support system.
Mr. Llama has some work ahead of him to recover fully. I have no doubt of his abilities to accomplish that task. He is such a wonderful man and incredible husband and father. He is my best friend and eternal companion. I love him so much!
The birds are still chirping and Mr. Llama and KB are still sleeping. The house is starting to warm up so I best start the cooling off process of fans and window closing. Maybe I will start another book.... or just sit and listen to the sounds of breathing made by the two loves of my life. The simple joys are what make life so sweet.
I love your positive attitude!
ReplyDeleteIt says a lot about your character.
We're all so glad you can start to enjoy the simple things in life again.
That was VERY scary!
Many prayers were answered.
(Even though we haven't helped with anything... you've constantly been on our mind!)
And I'm sure I can run a meal up to you, IF NEED BE!
She has a positive attitude! I came to know that as we prayed together for Michael, took turns reading "BFG" to him, and took a break walking at Champoeg State Park with Katie. Nearly losing a loved one, so dear, has brought a clearer perspective of what is important. Mom
ReplyDelete